HOPE DISTILLERY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting our website. This website is owned and operated by Hope Distillery, the trading name of Hope Spirits (Pty) Limited (registration number 2012/172613/07), a South African limited liability company with physical address at 7 Hopkins Street, Salt River, Cape Town 7925 (“Hope Distillery”, “we”, or “us”).
Please note that by using this website you agree to be governed by these terms and conditions, which form the basis of an agreement between you as a user and Hope Distillery.
For information about responsible drinking, please visit www.aware.org.za
Note that Hope Distillery works with Aware.org and other members of Aware.org to develop a national culture of responsible alcohol usage.
You agree that use of this website and any related services is at your sole risk and that Hope Distillery makes no representations or warranties regarding the website or the content, whether express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including that relating to any content that may be regarded as objectionable, indecent or offensive.
You also agree that you will not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to this website or impair the availability or accessibility of this website, or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You also agree that Hope Distillery will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever or howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of this website, its content or related services, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause.
Hope Distillery reserves the right to change any content on this website and reserves the right to modify, amend, update or revise in any way whatsoever these terms and conditions, but will not change the way we use your information as provided previously without your express consent.
All content displayed on and comprising this website, including without limitation, works, images, pictures, videos, documents, fonts, designs, layouts, functions and software (collectively “the content”) is the property of Hope Distillery or its content suppliers, and is protected by national and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Hope Distillery has no control of and accepts no responsibility for any content found within any third party sites that may be linked to this website.
The laws of South Africa govern all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions, including, without limitation, their validity, interpretation, construction, performance and enforcement.
Please drink responsibly.
PURCHASES, DELIVERY AND RETURNS POLICY
When making a purchase from the Hope Distillery website you agree to the following:
- you acknowledge that we only deliver within South Africa
- you agree to only use the products purchased via our website for personal use, and not for resale or for any other commercial purpose
- orders are sent via courier, except in certain circumstances within Cape Town and surrounds where we choose to deliver your order personally
- all orders will be dispatched within 2-3 working days
- you will be required to sign for your order, so please provide a daytime address where someone will be present to take delivery and sign during working hours
- please note that you may be required to show proof of age on delivery of your order
All product prices, delivery charges and other costs are stated in South African Rand and are inclusive of value added tax.
Prices and charges may change without notice from time to time.
You will be required to make payment for any order you wish to place, including delivery charges (if applicable) as the final stage in the order process. No order shall be deemed to have been placed by you until such time as payment for the order has been received by us.
The website will not generate a tax invoice in respect of orders placed. If you do require a tax invoice, please contact us.
Refunds and Exchanges
We really hope that you are happy with your purchase. We take exceptional care in the distillation, packaging and delivery of all products. However, if your order is damaged or faulty on receipt you can either request a full refund or exchange for a replacement product of the same value.
- To request a refund or exchange, please notify us within 5 days of receiving your order
- Please state whether you would like a refund or exchange and quote the order confirmation number and products bought, together with your full name, email address, phone number and delivery address
- Only unopened products will be eligible for refund or exchange
- Any purchases returned must be unopened and still have their security seal intact and must be returned to us within 10 days of your notification requesting the refund or exchange
- The return postage / courier is the responsibility of the purchaser, unless the purchase is damaged or faulty, in which case we will arrange for the faulty product to be collected from you
- Liability for loss or damage during transit of the products being returned is the responsibility of the purchaser
- Any products returned must be sent to Hope Distillery, 7 Hopkins Street, Salt River, Cape Town 7925
Our website uses “cookies” which allow customers to make purchases on our website and to track customers’ use of our website. These “cookies” do not contain or transmit any personal, confidential or financial information that could be used to identify individual customers using our website.
All visitors are free to refuse the use of “cookies”, but due to technical reasons this may prevent customers from being able to make purchases from our website. Using “cookies” ensure that the items added to, or removed from, customers’ online shopping baskets are accurately stated when that customer proceeds to payment.
Our website uses Yoco and SnapScan to process all financial transactions when customers purchase items from our website shop. Hope Distillery has no access to your financial data and account information, as every transaction is processed and managed by Yoco or SnapScan, whichever you have opted to use.
Hope Distillery complies with the principles of The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as the common law position on data protection in South Africa when dealing with data received from visitors to the site. Hope Distillery will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor market it elsewhere unless you give us permission to do so.
We regularly email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us. All such emails will also include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLYING TO COMPETITIONS RUN BY HOPE DISTILLERY
When entering a competition promoted and or run by Hope Distillery, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Competitions are run within the Republic of South Africa and only residents of South Africa may enter
- By entering one of our competitions you confirm that you are aged 18 years or over. Proof of age and identity may be required to be provided to us
- The provider of the prize is the person stated within the relevant promotional material and may be Hope Distillery and/or a third party
- Entry is open to residents of South Africa except employees (and their families) of Hope Spirits (Pty) Ltd and their agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions
- Any falsified names or addresses will result in your entry being disqualified
- Incomplete, illegible, or inaudible (if made by phone) entries will be voided
- Only entries made directly by the person entering the competition will be recognized
- We accept no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries
- The prize offered is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative prize
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and to reject unsuitable entries
- If a prize is unavailable for whatever reason, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize that is of equal or greater value than the prize originally offered
- The winner agrees to their name and photograph being used by Hope Distillery in any publicity during and/or after the promotion of the competition
- Unless otherwise stated, competition winners will be selected at random from all admissible entries that are received by the closing date, as stated within the relevant promotional material
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, who will be selected at random in accordance with these terms and conditions
- In the event that the competition is being judged, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the runner-up, who will be selected by the same judges
- Unless otherwise stated, confirmation of the prize will be sent in writing by email or direct message to the prize winners
- Failure to respond to communications, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements for the prize, may result in the winner having to forfeit their prize
- In the event that a discrepancy arises between these standard competition terms and conditions and the details stated in the promotional material, the details stated in the promotional material prevail.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
– FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Lockdown Level 1
We’re so pleased that alcohol sales are now allowed during the week. Thanks for your continued support and for supporting local!
Please note that we only process and deliver orders within South Africa.
How much is delivery and when do I qualify for free delivery?
Delivery charges differ depending on whether you are in a Major Centre or not.
Major Centres are Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Durban, Port Elizabeth, East London and George.
If you are in a Major Centre:
Spend R550 or more and get FREE delivery.
If you spend less than R550, delivery will cost you R95
For all other areas:
Spend R1000 or more and get FREE delivery.
If you spend between R550 and R999, delivery will cost you R75.
If you spend less than R550, delivery will cost you R150.
*Pick up from the Distillery is FREE
How long will my delivery take?
We process orders Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 15:00
Should you place your order after 15:00, it will be processed the next day.
As soon as the courier collects your parcel, you will receive an email with all the details, including your tracking waybill number.
Estimated delivery times are as follows:
Major Centres: 2 to 4 working days
All other areas: 4 to 8 working days
Can I track my order?
We use The Courier Guy for our deliveries and you can track the order with them
The Courier Guy: +27 (0)10 022 2300
You need to keep your confirmation email and use the waybill number or order number when you track your parcel
What about international shipping?
At the moment we do not offer international shipping
Can I change my delivery address after I have ordered?
Unfortunately not – please double check that your shipping address is correct before you checkout
If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.